About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NETS 2 Reflection

NETS Standard Two
2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers.

Artifacts:
Web Tools

Performance Indicators
Teachers will use web tools to create modern activities for students to use.
These activities should include much interaction with the newest technology.
Teachers will also use technology to assess student’s development in the classroom.

Reflection
The one artifact that I used that really relates to this standard was the web tools assignment. I received knowledge from this activity that I will carry through into my actual classroom. I thought the Rubistar rubric generator was the most beneficial , in that rubrics are time consuming to create from scratch and rubrics help students to understand what it is exactly they need to do to master or complete an assignment.
I also had no idea that there were so many websites devoted solely to the creation and sharing of different worksheets and puzzles. It is a relief to know that I will not have to outright create every single assignment on my own.
With this knowledge of new web tools, I am happy to tell you that I am much more prepared and confident in my abilities to harness technology for a more cohesive classroom environment.
Future Goals:
In the future, I hope to be able to use the websites we used in the web tools section to make my classroom environment less boring and more learning oriented. I would like to explore more websites that offer similar web tools so that I can broaden my knowledge of what is available to me on the web. I would also like to have this information to give to other teachers who may not be as tech-savvy as me. (Thanks to this class of course!)

1 comment:

  1. I also feel more prepared as a teacher due to the tools and resources I have learned how to use in this clas. I would like to further explore these tools but I feel that I now have a good base to expand from.

    ReplyDelete