About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chapter 12 Reflection

Reflect on ways to use the classroom website with students.
There are many uses to a class website that can benefit not only the students in the class, but the parents of the students as well.
A website generated specifically for a classroom is helpful in today’s culture. We live in an information culture and one of the easiest ways for people to get in touch with one another is through the internet. A classroom website can give parents the opportunity to get to know their child’s teacher a little more. The website often has features like “contact info” which provides readers of the website the teachers phone number, email, or address. Parents can also keep up with what is going on in their student’s class by watching what the teacher posts on the website. For instance, if a field trip is coming up, the teacher has the ability to make on online calendar, and parents can be reminded of the forthcoming trip
The website benefits the students in many of the same ways. Tests can be posted on the calendar to allow time for studying, and serve as a small reminder. Students will also find it easier to ask their instructor a question if the instructor is more accessible, therefore, they learn more.
A class website also allows for students to keep in touch with one another. Students can post messages on some websites and confer with each other on what they learned in class that day or ask another peer a question. This promotes overall classroom unity, which is integral to a safe and effective learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment