About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chapter 11 Reflection

Discuss digital stories and describe their purpose and use in learning.

Digital stories are narratives that have been manipulated into a multimedia production. Digital stories can be very interesting because most story software allows the user to add music, edit and manage the material in the multimedia production.
In using digital a digital story, regular stories are given new found life. They have graphics and music that give the user a visual representation of the story being told. I think digital stories make a regular story more memorable to the reader.
Using the software that enables one to make a digital story can be a very enjoyable experience. For instance, our IT class used the Microsoft photo story software to make a video. It was so much fun! I felt like my instructor was pushing me to my creative limit, without being overbearing. The photo story section of this class was probably my favorite.
From a future educator’s point of view, I could see where this program would be very beneficial to my future students. As I previously stated, this project is very fun and limited only by the students’ creativity.
Digital story-making is beneficial to students because it promotes creativity and exposes students to software that they may otherwise never become familiar with. Digital story making also gives the students a visual representation in their mind that they can refer to when later thinking about the story being presented in class, making comprehension much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment