NETS Standard One
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face to-face and virtual environments.
Artifacts:
Website
Concept Map
Photo Story
Performance Indicators:
Introduce, implement and inform the student’s of the vast knowledge and creativity to be attained from using technological devices.
Express that creative thinking is crucial to the development of technological literacy and use.
Expose students to forms of technology that may not be available to them outside the academic environment.
Reflection:
The articles that I have provided for you in my blogfolio clearly indicate that I have mastered the first NETS standard. Before this class, I had no knowledge of the software used to create the concept map or photo story. I also did not know that I was even able to capable of creating my own website!
The Inspiration software was a fun tool that can be used to organize information visually for students. We used it to design our concept maps. When students are presented with a visual representation of a concept, it is easier for the student to recall the information as well as refer to it in their mind when questioned about it. The Inspiration software also organizes your maps into an outline automatically. Students can use this to study. I will definitely be implementing this software in my classroom one day.
I had no idea that I was capable of creating my own website, as aforementioned, but I did make one. I also did not understand how a classroom website could be beneficial, but it can be. A classroom website allows teachers to stay better connected to their students as well as parents and other faculty.
The photo story was my favorite project and the one project with the most limitless creativity level. You can make any movie out of any pictures that you have stored on your computer. The story can literally be about anything. I feel that this assignment would open the minds of students and allow them to have fun while learning at the same time.
Future Goals:
While I did learn a lot from creating these artifacts, I feel like I have only scratched the surface of their potential use. In the future, I would like to be able to use the programs aforementioned more fluently and be able to go more in-depth with my students, beyond just basic introduction.
The purpose of this blog is to share my ideas and thoughts about readings and assignments that I have been required to complete at the University of Southern Mississippi.
About Me
- Jackie farmer
- Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.
I was very intimidated about creating a website and had no idea I would be accomplish this task. I was even surprised when it turned out to be a lot easier than I expected.
ReplyDelete