NETS Standard Three
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
Artifacts:
Blogfolio
Website
Performance Indicators:
Teachers will be able to organize and manage all of their classroom materials through an online source, such as a blogfolio.
Teachers will express knowledge of the construction and development of a classroom website.
Reflection:
The final part of our Artifacts was our blogfolio. I can see where this assignment can be crucial to a teacher’s organization and management of their own materials. The blogfolio can be used as an online storage unit. Not unlike what we did in class, teachers can save all of their assignments, worksheets, lesson plans etc. to an online database such as google documents. This can allow teachers to reuse everything year after year, saving money and time.
The other article that I have that exemplifies this standard is the classroom website I created on google sites. This allows teachers to bridge the communication gap between themselves, parents and students. A classroom website allows students and parents to always be up to date on the up and comings of class as well as ways to contact their instructor.
Both of these artifacts can be implemented easily into a classroom and have benefits beyond those that I have listed.
Future Goals:
As a future teacher, one of my goals is to develop a classroom website with all of my contact information, and a rotating calendar with all planned events listed. I feel like this will make my students’ parents more accessible to me as well as making me more accessible to them. On my website, I would like to have a discussion board where parents can freely discuss and ask questions about what their children are learning.
The purpose of this blog is to share my ideas and thoughts about readings and assignments that I have been required to complete at the University of Southern Mississippi.
About Me
- Jackie farmer
- Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.
I also hope to develop a classroom website to implemenet in my future classroom. I liked that we learned how to create a website in this class I definitely think this is a tool I will use in my classroom.
ReplyDelete