About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Chapter 5 Reflection

Chapter five is all about the internet. The topic that I chose to address is reflecting on Blog usage in the classroom. When we first began going over blogs I had no idea why. I thought it was a complete waste of my time. However, I have learned through what my textbook has taught me and through what I have learned in class that blogs can be very valuable in communicating with your classroom while you are away from school. A blog can also be useful in keeping in contact with students’ parents. Parents are not always available for face to face conferences, but with a blog, parents can keep track of what their children are learning through the teacher’s posts. Although I would not recommend early learners try to use blogs, blogs would be very useful in keeping in touch with their parents. I like that in blogs you can post links that students can click on and go exactly where you would like them to go. For instance, we were required a few days ago to make a test on the internet. On the blog, you could post the link, and instead of students having to memorize the website name, they can just click the hyperlink and be directly there. It would eliminate a great deal of confusion. All in all, I think blogs can be useful if they are used correctly and efficiently. If you are going to use a blog in your classroom, make sure to keep it updated daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment