The question that I am choosing to answer for chapter 8 will be “Reflect on ways to integrate digital diagrams into your classroom.” This is an area of technology that I am very excited to discuss. In my classroom, there will be many times that I use visual representation to reiterate a point that I am trying to get across to my students. Seeing that many students are visual learners, digital diagrams are a practical and convenient way for me to show my students what I would like for them to understand, in a visual way.
The Inspiration software trial that we were given in class a few weeks ago will be very instrumental for me in my classroom. I will purchase the full software program when I have my class because the program is so versatile. Not only can you make graphic organizers like concept maps, but from that map the program will create an outline for you that correlates with the information on the graph. You can print these maps and organizers out and pass them out to your class or you could project them on to the wall and you could use them as a supplement to your lecture. As a teacher, you could also design a graph to chart your student’s progression through the school year. You could keep this for your own personal reference or send them out to your students parents. This will give them opportunity to see how their child is growing in comparison to what the standards are.
The purpose of this blog is to share my ideas and thoughts about readings and assignments that I have been required to complete at the University of Southern Mississippi.
About Me
- Jackie farmer
- Hi everyone! My name is Jackolyn Farmer, but everyone who knows me calls me Jackie, and thats fine by me. I am a senior at USM this year and I am in the dual enrollment elementary education/special education program. I enjoy it very much so far. My hometown is a little place about 2 hours northwest of here called Crystal Springs. Before I moved to Hattiesburg, my family and I lived there for 16 years. We moved here from Jacksonville, Fl. I like Mississippi, but I want to move close to the beach so I will probably move back to Florida sometime after graduation.
No comments:
Post a Comment